Recycling Loan Fund
Joe Herzog, Director
(781) 928-1100, ext. 109
Direct Loans for Businesses Involved in Recycling.
Administered by BDC Capital, and funded by the Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection, the Recycling Loan Fund is an excellent way to obtain the financing you need. Loans range from $50,000 to $500,000, and are used to help Massachusetts businesses active in recycling-related activities obtain the capital needed for any reasonable business purpose.
General Program Parameters:
- Loans from $50,000 to $500,000
- Terms up to ten years
- Direct loans to solid waste recycling or re-use businesses
- For permanent working capital, refinancing, and real estate, machinery & equipment, and acquisition financing
Many Types of Businesses Qualify
Recycling companies, subsidiaries or units that qualify are those whose primary purpose involves:
- Collecting or separating recyclable materials for resale
- Reuse, processing, composting or converting of recyclable materials into marketable products
- Manufacturing products that use recycled materials
- Wholesaling or retailing of recycled feedstocks or products containing a significant percentage of recycled materials.
Priority Assistance for Food Waste Projects
- Preferred terms for composting, anaerobic digestion, or other facilities that divert food waste from disposal.
- Interest rates as low as 2% (depending on credit and risk factors).
- Businesses such as food processors that are not recycling or composting businesses, but that generate food waste, may be eligible to develop on-site composting or digestion operations for food waste diversion.
Some examples of businesses we have financed include:
- A composting facility.
- A converter of paper with recycled content.
- A manufacturer of recycled-content plastic products.
- An asphalt plant.
- An electronics recycler.
- A foundry.
Let us recycle some money into your business!